Saturday, March 17, 2012

Last Night's Dream: Two cultures, variable time frame, one heart

We lived across the street from some Native Americans. A couple of their "warriors" came over and there was a skirmish of sorts, no one hurt, but tension was high. Later: A "warrior" came over and came into our house. I looked for a weapon - found an arrow but no bow. I brandished the arrow when the (Is "Indian" not politically correct?) invader came back into the living room. He spoke to me as he ran directly into the arrow, spearing himself in the side. He became a she. There I was, holding and arrow that was speared into a woman. I covered her with a blanket and put her into a makeshift tent in the middle of the room - she was lying on the floor.

There was contact between her and her people. She tried to talk to them and I saw the conversation on a computer screen (even tho the dream started out before phones or electricity) - her words were halting and a bit incoherent. She was trying to say she was ok as she kept losing consciousness. She was saying to tell her children she loved them. Her people thought she was dead. They were hurt and angry - considering revenge.

She stayed in that tent, covered with a blanket all night. I agonized. The next morning I opened the door and called out to the Native Americans across the street and partly into the street - I told them she was alive and asked if they could come get her and do their medicine. They came immediately. They started to take her away but I called out to wait. They brought her back to me. I hugged her (now she could stand - hey, its a dream, ya know) and said that someday she and I would have grandchildren at the same time and enjoy them. She smiled and nodded. The sun rose in my heart.

2 comments:

Mark O'Neill said...

Dreams have certainly been puzzling us since the beginning. I do not dream very often, but carry memories of certain dreams with me always.

In any case, you are posting! Great news!

Earlene said...

Sometimes my dreams are like arrows streaking from the past or into the future because I remember the scenes long gone and others leave me with hope and yes fear. This one for you seemed to be a bit of both. Earlene