Sunday, September 28, 2008

Today

I mostly laid around even tho it was a gorgeous day. I dunno why I do that. I know I miss my girls. And my boy.
My little girl would be proud of me today cause I made cornbread. I used the medium ground cornmeal, some stuff I am not sure what it is, maybe quinoa?, some brown rice flour, maybe some white rice flour, a wee bit of tapioca flour, a pinch of xanthan gum, a dollop of guar gum, baking powder, one egg, safflower oil, canola oil, salt a sprinkle of raw sugar, and vanilla soy milk. I forgot to get the oven all the way hot. Dang. But it came out good. A bit crunchy but good.
Kevin had his with black beans and carrots. I had mine with molasses and maple syrup and butter.
Other thann a wee bit of watering, this blog, book reading, a small bike ride, holding my grand tenant and washing the wool mattress pad, I guess I was pretty chill today.
Now to learn to just enjoy that.
I also picked my chick peas today. Weird. each pod only has one bean in it. So weird. I have a gorgeous cabbage out there. I wanna pick it but if Per is coming I want her to see it.....

Oh, yeah, jazz.
Yesterday we had practice and even the piano player came. We are having a lot of fun in the little jazz ensemble. It is like a dream come true. I am picking up the alto sax pretty well. I kinda sucked on clarinet for some reason yesterday. Ah well. We sure have a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Erin said...

oh man, to be eating mom's cornbread! Today I made some delicious stir-fry though, with veggies from daniel's mom's garden...some monstrous bok choy and carrots the size of my forearm (reallllly no exaggerating, though it doesn't say much for my arm, eh?), plus green bell peppers and zucchini pancakes with just vanilla, honey, cinnamon, zucc, and an egg. the zuccs were dumpstered and the onions I used were too, and the only spices I used where garlic and parsley, fomr the garden too! which means, I only paid for the garlic! so I have 2 meals for 1 franc :D yoohoo!